‘Time for something different’ - Sidmouth business has plans for new venture
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth shop which has offered ‘pure indulgence’ for nearly 15 years will close this weekend.
Pure Indulgence announced last year it would close by April 2019- but shoppers will not have to wait long to see what will replace it.
Owner Steven Kendall-Torry revealed this week he intends to open a new business later in the month in the Fore Street premise, but has not revealed details of what will be in its place.
The businessman, whose family has run shops in the town since the beginning of the 1960s, thanked customers for their support over the last 15 years.
He said: “It will be different; it is not going to be clocks and home furnishings.
You may also want to watch:
“Clocks were always our thing but there are very few clock companies now, a whole entire industry is gone. A lot of these clocks I have made for me, they are exclusive to us.
Shopping was so different to what it is today, what you can get, how you could get it.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 7 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
“It [the new shop] is something that will continue to complement the town and the high street.
“Pure Indulgence is gone for good, it will be a new name and a new business. It’s been a good 15 years but it is time to do something different.”
The shop will close on Saturday (March 30).