‘Time for something different’ - Sidmouth business has plans for new venture
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth shop which has offered ‘pure indulgence’ for nearly 15 years will close this weekend.
Pure Indulgence announced last year it would close by April 2019- but shoppers will not have to wait long to see what will replace it.
Owner Steven Kendall-Torry revealed this week he intends to open a new business later in the month in the Fore Street premise, but has not revealed details of what will be in its place.
The businessman, whose family has run shops in the town since the beginning of the 1960s, thanked customers for their support over the last 15 years.
He said: “It will be different; it is not going to be clocks and home furnishings.
You may also want to watch:
“Clocks were always our thing but there are very few clock companies now, a whole entire industry is gone. A lot of these clocks I have made for me, they are exclusive to us.
Shopping was so different to what it is today, what you can get, how you could get it.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
“It [the new shop] is something that will continue to complement the town and the high street.
“Pure Indulgence is gone for good, it will be a new name and a new business. It’s been a good 15 years but it is time to do something different.”
The shop will close on Saturday (March 30).