Sidmouth’s re-vamped post office gets stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant
The refurbished Sidmouth Post Office got a stamp of approval from customers at an official reopening celebration - and a loyal 100-year-old customer got to cut the ribbon.
Centenarian Moira Yorke-Davies has been using the High Street outlet for years and was invited to officially unveil the new-look premises this week.
Business owner Janet Martin said it was an honour to have Mrs Yorke-Davies – a strong supporter of the post office - at the ceremony.
She said that feedback so far from customers had been very positive.
“The real benefit is if people are in a rush and just need stamp, they can now go to the retail counter and do not have to wait in the post office queue,” said Janet.
You may also want to watch:
The shop that incorporates the post office has been re-named Picture Post Card.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank