Sidmouth’s re-vamped post office gets stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant
The refurbished Sidmouth Post Office got a stamp of approval from customers at an official reopening celebration - and a loyal 100-year-old customer got to cut the ribbon.
Centenarian Moira Yorke-Davies has been using the High Street outlet for years and was invited to officially unveil the new-look premises this week.
Business owner Janet Martin said it was an honour to have Mrs Yorke-Davies – a strong supporter of the post office - at the ceremony.
She said that feedback so far from customers had been very positive.
“The real benefit is if people are in a rush and just need stamp, they can now go to the retail counter and do not have to wait in the post office queue,” said Janet.
You may also want to watch:
The shop that incorporates the post office has been re-named Picture Post Card.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory