Sidmouth’s re-vamped post office gets stamp of approval
- Credit: Archant
The refurbished Sidmouth Post Office got a stamp of approval from customers at an official reopening celebration - and a loyal 100-year-old customer got to cut the ribbon.
Centenarian Moira Yorke-Davies has been using the High Street outlet for years and was invited to officially unveil the new-look premises this week.
Business owner Janet Martin said it was an honour to have Mrs Yorke-Davies – a strong supporter of the post office - at the ceremony.
She said that feedback so far from customers had been very positive.
“The real benefit is if people are in a rush and just need stamp, they can now go to the retail counter and do not have to wait in the post office queue,” said Janet.
You may also want to watch:
The shop that incorporates the post office has been re-named Picture Post Card.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth