Appeal for Sidmouth’s Reverse Advent Calendar
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who wants to bring a little Christmas joy to the town’s most deprived residents are being encouraged to get involved in a Reverse Advent Calendar.
The idea behind the festive drive, being run by the Sid Valley Food Bank, is instead of receiving a treat each day, people can donate a treat to someone who needs help.
The Reverse Advent Calendar will cover the period between Monday, November 26, and Thursday, December 13.
Each day features an item to be included in festive ‘goodie bags’ which will be given out to Foodbank clients on the last Friday before Christmas.
Foodbank co-ordinator Andie Milne, said: “Christmas is an expensive time for everyone but for those on low incomes, and especially those with young children, it can be a particularly stressful time. We hope that these goodie bags will help to bring some of the true spirit of Christmas into their homes.”
You may also want to watch:
People can take part in as many or as few of the days as the want. Fulfords Estate Agents, Hair Temple and the Radway Cinema will be acting as drop-off points. Donations can also be left at any of the regular Foodbank collection points or taken to the Foodbank at the Unitarian Church on Fridays between 11am and 2.30pm.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'