Appeal for Sidmouth’s Reverse Advent Calendar
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who wants to bring a little Christmas joy to the town’s most deprived residents are being encouraged to get involved in a Reverse Advent Calendar.
The idea behind the festive drive, being run by the Sid Valley Food Bank, is instead of receiving a treat each day, people can donate a treat to someone who needs help.
The Reverse Advent Calendar will cover the period between Monday, November 26, and Thursday, December 13.
Each day features an item to be included in festive ‘goodie bags’ which will be given out to Foodbank clients on the last Friday before Christmas.
Foodbank co-ordinator Andie Milne, said: “Christmas is an expensive time for everyone but for those on low incomes, and especially those with young children, it can be a particularly stressful time. We hope that these goodie bags will help to bring some of the true spirit of Christmas into their homes.”
You may also want to watch:
People can take part in as many or as few of the days as the want. Fulfords Estate Agents, Hair Temple and the Radway Cinema will be acting as drop-off points. Donations can also be left at any of the regular Foodbank collection points or taken to the Foodbank at the Unitarian Church on Fridays between 11am and 2.30pm.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb