Sidmouth’s Sea Sunday service invite
Sea Sunday service in Sidmouth to remember seafarers
ONCE again Sea Sunday will be celebrated both nationally and in Sidmouth on Sunday, July 11.
It is the day set aside in the Christian Church calendar each year to pray for all seafarers.
Those who work on the sea facing danger, loneliness and separation from their families, will be remembered, as will the challenging work of lifeboat crews, particularly the crew from Sidmouth Lifeboat and its supporters.
Thanks will also be given for coastguards at Sidmouth and Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sails or works on or by the sea, as well as holidaymakers by the sea, are welcome to the service, led by the church minister, the Reverend Brian Hadfield, at 10.30am.
- 1 Aldi has Sidmouth in its sights for new supermarket
- 2 Tributes paid to 'a real gentleman' of Sidmouth
- 3 No immediate work on town's cliffs despite recent falls
- 4 Person with broken ankle rescued from Littlecombe Shute
- 5 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning
- 6 Time to show results for £100M broadband fund
- 7 Police launch campaign to bin pressure on 101 number
- 8 Changin' with the times in Connaught Gardens
- 9 Hole in one for Sidmouth golfer
- 10 Sidmouth jewellery shop is a gem worth discovering