Sidmouth’s Sea Sunday service invite
Sea Sunday service in Sidmouth to remember seafarers
ONCE again Sea Sunday will be celebrated both nationally and in Sidmouth on Sunday, July 11.
It is the day set aside in the Christian Church calendar each year to pray for all seafarers.
Those who work on the sea facing danger, loneliness and separation from their families, will be remembered, as will the challenging work of lifeboat crews, particularly the crew from Sidmouth Lifeboat and its supporters.
Thanks will also be given for coastguards at Sidmouth and Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sails or works on or by the sea, as well as holidaymakers by the sea, are welcome to the service, led by the church minister, the Reverend Brian Hadfield, at 10.30am.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank