Sidmouth’s Sea Sunday service invite
Sea Sunday service in Sidmouth to remember seafarers
ONCE again Sea Sunday will be celebrated both nationally and in Sidmouth on Sunday, July 11.
It is the day set aside in the Christian Church calendar each year to pray for all seafarers.
Those who work on the sea facing danger, loneliness and separation from their families, will be remembered, as will the challenging work of lifeboat crews, particularly the crew from Sidmouth Lifeboat and its supporters.
Thanks will also be given for coastguards at Sidmouth and Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sails or works on or by the sea, as well as holidaymakers by the sea, are welcome to the service, led by the church minister, the Reverend Brian Hadfield, at 10.30am.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 4 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 7 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 8 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth