Sidmouth’s Sea Sunday service invite
Sea Sunday service in Sidmouth to remember seafarers
ONCE again Sea Sunday will be celebrated both nationally and in Sidmouth on Sunday, July 11.
It is the day set aside in the Christian Church calendar each year to pray for all seafarers.
Those who work on the sea facing danger, loneliness and separation from their families, will be remembered, as will the challenging work of lifeboat crews, particularly the crew from Sidmouth Lifeboat and its supporters.
Thanks will also be given for coastguards at Sidmouth and Beer.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sails or works on or by the sea, as well as holidaymakers by the sea, are welcome to the service, led by the church minister, the Reverend Brian Hadfield, at 10.30am.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom