Sidmouth’s sole nightclub Carinas closes permanently
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s sole nightclub Carinas has closed permanently.
The club’s manager Mandy Patch revealed the news on Facebook this evening (Thursday).
Owner Residential Trust Ltd announced it would be closing the venue for eight weeks, at the end of January, so part of it could be converted.
During this time the remaining section of the club, which is more than half the existing floorspace at Carinas, was supposed to undergo some much-needed improvements.
In her statement, Mandy said: “It is with a very heavy heart that I have been asked to make the following statement.
You may also want to watch:
“Carinas will not be reopening and is now closed.
“Residential Trust Ltd who own Carinas have decided that they will remain closed for many reasons on which they will release a statement to the press over the next couple of days.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
“I would like everyone to know that I am really sorry and deeply saddened that this has ended this way and Carinas didn’t get the send off it deserved.
“In the 18 years of being manager, I really do have a million memories that I will keep forever.
“Please keep and share your memories too. I want to send a big thank-you and love to everyone that has supported us through the years and especially to my Team Carinas Staff who I couldn’t have done it, for so long, without. RIP Mandy.”
Read the updated story here: Permanently closed Sidmouth nightclub to become all-in-one bar and restaurant