Sidmouth’s Stowford cafe re-launch
Community centre cafe gets re-branding to attract users
THE caf� at Stowford Community Centre has been re-branded and re-opened this week.
Greg Bess, who has many years experience in marketing, is taking over the running of the caf� and is calling it the Three Hills Caf�, because it nestles between Core Hill, Bulverton and Salcombe Hill.
“It has a modern, contemporary feel and there is outside seating overlooking the valley as well as an indoor area,” said Greg, who opened on Tuesday.
He said a third of the new centre was dedicated as caf� space and he was trying to offer as much free-range coffee and tea and local products as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“We are trying to pull in people from outside the area as well as those in the community,” he said.
“It will be a licensed venue and there will be facilities to do licensing in the evening as well as the caf�.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Greg’s chef, who has 30 years of catering experience, will be offering different types of breakfasts, light lunches, all cooked on the premises, and afternoon tea and coffee with cream teas, cakes and pastries.
The caf�, which opens from 9am to 4pm, will be available to hire for functions in conjunction with the spacious hall facilities at the centre.