Sidmouth’s Stowford Lodge ‘for sale’- NHS bosses
HEALTH chiefs have told concerned civic leaders they propose to sell Sidmouth’s valued Stowford Lodge premises- but vowed patients and the public will be consulted.
HEALTH chiefs have told concerned civic leaders they propose to sell Sidmouth’s valued Stowford Lodge premises - but vowed patients and the public will be consulted.
Sidmouth Town Council was this week told “changes” relating to mental health services for the elderly across the county will be discussed by NHS bosses in May.
In a letter to town representatives, Dr Virginia Pearson, joint executive director of public health for NHS Devon and Devon County Council, said: “Devon Partnership NHS Trust has announced a proposal to sell the Stowford Lodge building in due course.”
She added the body was “undertaking a range of developments in relation to older people’s mental health services across Devon, in order to meet the needs of as many people as possible within our increasingly ageing population.”
You may also want to watch:
Proposed changes will be considered by NHS Devon’s Executive and Clinical Commissioning teams in May, she said.
Dr Pearson added: “Following consideration of these proposals, a process of engagement with local communities will be arranged to provide assurance that any changes have the support of GP Commissioners, evidence public patient and public engagement, provide a clinical evidence base for change and are consistent with current and prospective patient choice.”
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
She said Devon Partnership NHS Trust was “committed to providing and further developing high quality community services in Sidmouth.”
An NHS Devon representative will attend a full meeting of Sidmouth Town Council on Monday to discuss the matter.