Sidmouth’s Stowford Lodge ‘for sale’- NHS bosses
HEALTH chiefs have told concerned civic leaders they propose to sell Sidmouth’s valued Stowford Lodge premises- but vowed patients and the public will be consulted.
HEALTH chiefs have told concerned civic leaders they propose to sell Sidmouth’s valued Stowford Lodge premises - but vowed patients and the public will be consulted.
Sidmouth Town Council was this week told “changes” relating to mental health services for the elderly across the county will be discussed by NHS bosses in May.
In a letter to town representatives, Dr Virginia Pearson, joint executive director of public health for NHS Devon and Devon County Council, said: “Devon Partnership NHS Trust has announced a proposal to sell the Stowford Lodge building in due course.”
She added the body was “undertaking a range of developments in relation to older people’s mental health services across Devon, in order to meet the needs of as many people as possible within our increasingly ageing population.”
You may also want to watch:
Proposed changes will be considered by NHS Devon’s Executive and Clinical Commissioning teams in May, she said.
Dr Pearson added: “Following consideration of these proposals, a process of engagement with local communities will be arranged to provide assurance that any changes have the support of GP Commissioners, evidence public patient and public engagement, provide a clinical evidence base for change and are consistent with current and prospective patient choice.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
She said Devon Partnership NHS Trust was “committed to providing and further developing high quality community services in Sidmouth.”
An NHS Devon representative will attend a full meeting of Sidmouth Town Council on Monday to discuss the matter.