Sidmouth’s Zumba Divas’ charity challenge
- Credit: Archant
Members of dance fitness classes from around East Devon will join runners taking part in the Sidmouth Mile in aid of Sport Relief next month.
JM DanceFit’s ‘Zumba Divas’ have signed up for the event on Sunday, March 20, to raise money for vulnerable people in the UK and abroad.
Sidmouth Running Club has organised the race. Unlike the runners taking part, the zumba group will be dancing their way around the three-mile circular route through The Byes.
JM DanceFit owner and instructor Johanna Morgan will be joined by members from her Sidmouth, Sidford, Seaton and Exeter classes, who have already banked more than £500 ahead of the challenge.
Johanna said: “Taking part in this particular event is a great opportunity for all class members from around East Devon to get together and have fun exercising, while raising important funds to help vulnerable people in both the UK and the world’s poorest countries. JM DanceFit is extremely proud to be participating in the Sainsbury’s Sports Relief Games as it is a very important and meaningful event to help change lives.”
You may also want to watch:
In 2014, the group raised £705 for Sports Relief and hopes to reach the target again.
Johanna said: “We would absolutely love to hit our previous target if we can, and would be incredibly grateful for any further donations.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
To donate to the Zumba Divas, visit the online donation page at: http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/jm-dancefit-zumba-miles-with-smiles