Sidmouth Sampson Awards presented for first time
Sidmouth guides and cubs receive first ever Sampson Awards from Sidmouth society
THE first ever Sampson Awards were presented to Sidmouth guides and cubs on Monday.
Derek Parry, chairman of The Sampson Society, formed in 2009, made the awards to 1st Sidmouth Guides and 1st Sid Vale Cubs at the second annual meeting of the society in the R W Sampson Room at Kennaway House, Sidmouth.
The framed certificates and cheques were given in response to drawings on Sidmouth Museum’s Long Picture of Sidmouth and Youth Project 2011.
“Their drawings have been reproduced on attractive tea towels and are for sale at the museum,” said Sylvia Brownlee, who founded the society.
You may also want to watch:
Sylvia, who has lived in a house designed by the Sidmouth architect, Robert William Sampson, since she moved to the town in 1976, published a booklet Sampson’s Sidmouth, about his work, in 2009, with the backing of Sid Vale Association.
Treasurer Ian Heard, told the meeting there had been a 10 percent increase in membership during the year.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites