Sidmouth sausage sizzles
HAYMANS Butchers in Sidmouth has produced the South West’s Star Sausage.
The family firm, which has shops in Church Street and Woolbrook Road, received the British Sausage Week accolade for its pork and caramelised onion chutney sausage.
Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood presented the Banger Award and certificate to Stewart Hayman, who is donating the �150 cash prize to CLIC Sargent.
Craig said: “The Haymans’ sausage was just fabulous. A worthy winner of the South West’s Star Sausage.”
Haymans has previously won the Guild of Q Butchers supreme award three times and has also been rewarded by the British Pig Executive several times.
You may also want to watch:
Stewart picked that particular variety of sausage for the British Sausage Appreciation Society’s competition because it was a hit with customers.
“It was quite a thrill to actually win,” said Stewart. “I’m sure we’ll enter next year, it’s a good way to publicise the quality of what you are selling.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon