Sidmouth sausage sizzles
HAYMANS Butchers in Sidmouth has produced the South West’s Star Sausage.
The family firm, which has shops in Church Street and Woolbrook Road, received the British Sausage Week accolade for its pork and caramelised onion chutney sausage.
Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood presented the Banger Award and certificate to Stewart Hayman, who is donating the �150 cash prize to CLIC Sargent.
Craig said: “The Haymans’ sausage was just fabulous. A worthy winner of the South West’s Star Sausage.”
Haymans has previously won the Guild of Q Butchers supreme award three times and has also been rewarded by the British Pig Executive several times.
You may also want to watch:
Stewart picked that particular variety of sausage for the British Sausage Appreciation Society’s competition because it was a hit with customers.
“It was quite a thrill to actually win,” said Stewart. “I’m sure we’ll enter next year, it’s a good way to publicise the quality of what you are selling.”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start