Sidmouth school’s Red Nose antics raise �1,000
Pupils at St John’s International School, Sidmouth, certainly did their bit for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day
PUPILS at St John’s International School, certainly did their bit for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day.
They raise more than �1,000 by undertaking a range of activities, from selling daffodils, Kazahk lessons, wearing red clothing and bringing in loose change to create massive banners of House names written in coins on the Sports Hall floor.
Deputy head, Mike Burgess, said: “It was a wonderful opportunity to satisfy the needs of the many Sidmouthians who were looking to buy a daffodil from someone speaking rudimentary Kazahk whilst dressed head to toe in red and walking across a carpet of coins!
“It is hard to believe we have not stumbled across this fund-raising activity before when there is so clearly such a strong demand for it!”
You may also want to watch:
He thanked all those who supported the school on the day.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 6 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables