Sidmouth school seeks DVD and CD donations
Woolbrook PO first to help Sidmouth Primary in CD/DVD collection for Campaign 2012
AMONG those a helping hand to Sidmouth Primary School’s Campaign 2012 minibus appeal is Woolbrook Post Office.
This week, Sarah Fletcher, the school’s PTFA secretary and daughter Ella, visited the Post Office and shop close to the Woolbrook Road school site to meet Doreen Cummings to install a collecting point for CDs and DVDs.
It is the first business in the town to give help in this way to the campaign to raise �20,000 to buy or hire a minibus for the school to enable its three sites easier access and the chance to share one another’s facilities.
Sarah hopes to collect CD albums and originally-boxed DVDs which she can then sell via the Internet.
You may also want to watch:
“If there are any other businesses in the town who would be able to collect these then perhaps they could contact the school,” she said. “It would be nice to have one or two collection points in the town.”
She is also going to approach Sidmouth Library and the town’s charity shops for any unwanted CDs or DVDs, apart from those given free in weekend colour magazines.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
Collection boxes will be at each of the school sites.
If you would like to donate to Campaign 2012, the PTFA has set up a special website: www.mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/sidmouthprimaryptfa.