Sidmouth school seeks DVD and CD donations
Woolbrook PO first to help Sidmouth Primary in CD/DVD collection for Campaign 2012
AMONG those a helping hand to Sidmouth Primary School’s Campaign 2012 minibus appeal is Woolbrook Post Office.
This week, Sarah Fletcher, the school’s PTFA secretary and daughter Ella, visited the Post Office and shop close to the Woolbrook Road school site to meet Doreen Cummings to install a collecting point for CDs and DVDs.
It is the first business in the town to give help in this way to the campaign to raise �20,000 to buy or hire a minibus for the school to enable its three sites easier access and the chance to share one another’s facilities.
Sarah hopes to collect CD albums and originally-boxed DVDs which she can then sell via the Internet.
You may also want to watch:
“If there are any other businesses in the town who would be able to collect these then perhaps they could contact the school,” she said. “It would be nice to have one or two collection points in the town.”
She is also going to approach Sidmouth Library and the town’s charity shops for any unwanted CDs or DVDs, apart from those given free in weekend colour magazines.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
Collection boxes will be at each of the school sites.
If you would like to donate to Campaign 2012, the PTFA has set up a special website: www.mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/sidmouthprimaryptfa.