Sidmouth schoolgirl nets South West painting prize
LITTLE Flora Hadfield has bagged a bloomin’ big achievement after winning a top painting prize.
Schoolgirl Flora, five, brushed off competition from around the region to land a South West in Bloom award.
She won top prize in the under six category of a children’s art contest which had a ‘grow it, dig it, cook it, eat it’ theme’.
Sidmouth Primary School pupil Flora entered her painting into the contest while at All Saints Infants last term.
Proud mum and dad Sara and Brian received a surprise phone call from jubilant Sidmouth in Bloom committee members in Newquay last Thursday night.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really happy,” said Flora, whose award-winning piece of work is now on display for the whole town to see in Fields’ Market Place window.
Sidmouth in Bloom president Joy Seward hailed Flora’s achievement as “absolutely incredible”.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 3 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 4 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 8 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
She said: “I was really thrilled we were able to pick the award up for Flora. It’s most important to get children interested in growing vegetables and, I must say, most schools in Sidmouth do incredibly well and work with us.”