Science in our lives – What to expect from Sidmouth Science Festival 2019?
- Credit: Archant
Novice scientists of all ages are being encouraged to get involved with a range events during this year’s Sidmouth Science Festival.
The festival's theme 'science in our lives' will feature activities that reflect the importance of STEM subjects and impact on daily lives.
It is the eighth science festival since the event was launched in 2012.
Once again free talks, walks, workshops and entertainment are planned throughout Sidmouth until Sunday, October 13.
The festival starts on Saturday (October 5) with a Fun Palace event at Sidmouth Library and two talks at Kennaway House.
You may also want to watch:
Ecologist Louise Wolley will lead a bat catching session through the Byes from 5.30pm.
On Sunday, the festival will host an Emergency Services Day where visitors can see the lifeboat, fire engine and coastguard from 10am outside the sailing club.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Visit www.sidmouthscience festival.org/ for details of the full line-up.