Sidmouth scouts hold shoeshine sessions for HQ build
Shoeshine fundraiser at Waitrose ends on Saturday
TWO of the first scouts to take part in a shoeshine money raising venture at Waitrose this week were brothers Mccaulley and Jamie Milliner.
The lads, who are members of 1st Sid Vale Scout Group, are pictured shining the shoes of Carl Britton, acting manager of Waitrose, who have enabled cubs, scouts and Explorers to carry out the shoeshine this week.
Also pictured is their mum, Jo, who is secretary of the scout group, and wielded a shoeshine brush and collecting pot.
The scouts are pulling out the stops to raise funds for their new headquarters which they want to build near Salcombe Regis.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the Explorers will be on hand to shine shoes between 10am and 4pm, while tomorrow, Saturday, the last day, a mixture of all ages will be on hand.
So lend them a hand by digging out your dirty shoes to give them some support.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz