Sidmouth scouts hold shoeshine sessions for HQ build
Shoeshine fundraiser at Waitrose ends on Saturday
TWO of the first scouts to take part in a shoeshine money raising venture at Waitrose this week were brothers Mccaulley and Jamie Milliner.
The lads, who are members of 1st Sid Vale Scout Group, are pictured shining the shoes of Carl Britton, acting manager of Waitrose, who have enabled cubs, scouts and Explorers to carry out the shoeshine this week.
Also pictured is their mum, Jo, who is secretary of the scout group, and wielded a shoeshine brush and collecting pot.
The scouts are pulling out the stops to raise funds for their new headquarters which they want to build near Salcombe Regis.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the Explorers will be on hand to shine shoes between 10am and 4pm, while tomorrow, Saturday, the last day, a mixture of all ages will be on hand.
So lend them a hand by digging out your dirty shoes to give them some support.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb