Sidmouth scouts hold shoeshine sessions for HQ build
Shoeshine fundraiser at Waitrose ends on Saturday
TWO of the first scouts to take part in a shoeshine money raising venture at Waitrose this week were brothers Mccaulley and Jamie Milliner.
The lads, who are members of 1st Sid Vale Scout Group, are pictured shining the shoes of Carl Britton, acting manager of Waitrose, who have enabled cubs, scouts and Explorers to carry out the shoeshine this week.
Also pictured is their mum, Jo, who is secretary of the scout group, and wielded a shoeshine brush and collecting pot.
The scouts are pulling out the stops to raise funds for their new headquarters which they want to build near Salcombe Regis.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, the Explorers will be on hand to shine shoes between 10am and 4pm, while tomorrow, Saturday, the last day, a mixture of all ages will be on hand.
So lend them a hand by digging out your dirty shoes to give them some support.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon