Sidmouth seafront stall success story
Nancye inspired to make handmade jewellery by FolkWeek
WHEN Nancye Church moved to Sidmouth she discovered Sidmouth FolkWeek.
And it helped her to launch her and husband Steve Jackson’s new business, Unearthed Jewellery and Co in 2007, just after their move to Fortescue, through a seafront stall at the festival.
Three years on and Nancye’s company is thriving and she again joined stall holders along the Esplanade to sell her hand-made jewellery.
“We were the only people selling handmade stuff in 2008. I worked at Kingsdown Business Park and had a studio for people to go in,” said Nancye, who grew up in Malta and spends part of the year there selling her work.
You may also want to watch:
“I am happy being down here and go to other festivals and sell a lot.
“We both love Sidmouth, we feel it is the perfect place.”
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary