Sidmouth seeks new Poppy Appeal organiser and other news
Sidmouth is looking for a new Poppy Appeal organiser as the current one will have to relinquish the job at the end of this year for health reasons. Read this and more.
POPPY APPEAL: Sidmouth is looking for a new Poppy Appeal organiser as the current one will have to relinquish the job at the end of this year for health reasons. The appeal would like the person taking over to shadow the present incumbent for this year’s campaign to understand what the job entails. Anyone interested in taking over is urged to contact Sue Pink on 01395 515495, or email email@example.com.
TEA POT DANGER: The humble tea pot is in “mortal danger” according to the church parish newsletter for Sidmouth and Salcombe Regis. Just as much tea as ever is drunk, but demand for tea-pots has halved, while mug sales have trebled as people brew directly into mugs, reports the magazine.
You may also want to watch:
YOUTH CAMP: Young people will be attending a four-day outdoor pursuits and bible study camp, named Souled Out, at Bernard’s Acre in Dartmoor in August. It will be led by youth workers from Emmanuel Church and Sid Valley Mission Community.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98