Sidmouth set for bible event
A FORMER Archbishop of Cantebury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
A FORMER Archbishop of Canterbury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
The newly refurbished All Saints Church will host the 31st annual Keswick in Devon Bible Week from March 7 to 11.
Guest speaker this year will be former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey.
“Even though he is now retired, Lord Carey is still very active in the Christian ministry and it is expected that large numbers will want to hear him preach,” said event publicity secretary Felicity Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Lord Carey was inducted as Archbishop of Canterbury in 1991 and served for 11 years in the position.
Keswick in Devon meetings will be held twice a day during the event. All will be welcome.
- 1 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 4 The questions of British Lions selection
- 5 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 6 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The keys to good teamwork? Trust, communiication, commitment and accountability
A traditional bookstall and missionary exhibition in All Saints Church Hall will also feature.
“Some visitors couple it with a seaside holiday and come from long distances to enjoy the ministry and renew friendships with others who come year after year,” added Mrs Wilson.
For more details visit www.keswickindevon.org.uk.