Sidmouth set for bible event
A FORMER Archbishop of Cantebury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
A FORMER Archbishop of Canterbury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
The newly refurbished All Saints Church will host the 31st annual Keswick in Devon Bible Week from March 7 to 11.
Guest speaker this year will be former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey.
“Even though he is now retired, Lord Carey is still very active in the Christian ministry and it is expected that large numbers will want to hear him preach,” said event publicity secretary Felicity Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
Lord Carey was inducted as Archbishop of Canterbury in 1991 and served for 11 years in the position.
Keswick in Devon meetings will be held twice a day during the event. All will be welcome.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 3 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 4 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 5 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 10 Sad loss at Beer Albion
A traditional bookstall and missionary exhibition in All Saints Church Hall will also feature.
“Some visitors couple it with a seaside holiday and come from long distances to enjoy the ministry and renew friendships with others who come year after year,” added Mrs Wilson.
For more details visit www.keswickindevon.org.uk.