Sidmouth set for bible event
A FORMER Archbishop of Cantebury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
A FORMER Archbishop of Canterbury will speak during a week of bible teaching in Sidmouth in March.
The newly refurbished All Saints Church will host the 31st annual Keswick in Devon Bible Week from March 7 to 11.
Guest speaker this year will be former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey.
“Even though he is now retired, Lord Carey is still very active in the Christian ministry and it is expected that large numbers will want to hear him preach,” said event publicity secretary Felicity Wilson.
Lord Carey was inducted as Archbishop of Canterbury in 1991 and served for 11 years in the position.
Keswick in Devon meetings will be held twice a day during the event. All will be welcome.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 Heather Spratt - the unsung hero of the heathland
A traditional bookstall and missionary exhibition in All Saints Church Hall will also feature.
“Some visitors couple it with a seaside holiday and come from long distances to enjoy the ministry and renew friendships with others who come year after year,” added Mrs Wilson.
For more details visit www.keswickindevon.org.uk.