Sidmouth set for charity ‘Gardeners Question Time’
A GARDENERS Question Time at Sidmouth Garden Centre on Thursday (April 7) will raise cash for Devon Air Ambulance and Shelterbox.
A GARDENERS Question Time at Sidmouth Garden Centre on Thursday will raise cash for Devon Air Ambulance and ShelterBox.
The Sid Valley Rotary Club has teamed up with the Stowford business to organise the fundraiser - which takes place from 7pm, on Thursday, April 7.
A knowledgeable group of experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Garden centre manager, James Trevett, said: “We’re planning an interesting and informative evening that will benefit two leading charities. ShelterBox is particularly on our minds after the disaster in Japan.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be welcomed with complementary refreshments and a light-hearted quiz, on general gardening topics, will take place before the main event.
The ‘Question Time’ panel will be chaired by David Jackson, managing director of Jackson Plants - one of the South West’s leading suppliers.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 Look out for the Government census arriving in the post soon
- 10 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
Other panel members include Darren Knapman, a nurseryman and plants manager at Sidmouth Garden Centre for 18 years, and Biction College lecturers Ben Morrel and Janet Hindley.
Also involved will be Adam Powell, founder of Adam’s Apples fruit tree suppliers near Honiton. The panel will answer gardening questions asked on the night, or e-mailed in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those sent in advance will be entered in a prize draw.
A limited number of tickets (�10) are still available from Sidmouth Garden Centre, Coles in High Street, and Palmers, Whitton and Laing in Budleigh Salterton.