Sidmouth set for charity ‘Gardeners Question Time’
A GARDENERS Question Time at Sidmouth Garden Centre on Thursday (April 7) will raise cash for Devon Air Ambulance and Shelterbox.
A GARDENERS Question Time at Sidmouth Garden Centre on Thursday will raise cash for Devon Air Ambulance and ShelterBox.
The Sid Valley Rotary Club has teamed up with the Stowford business to organise the fundraiser - which takes place from 7pm, on Thursday, April 7.
A knowledgeable group of experts will be on hand to answer questions.
Garden centre manager, James Trevett, said: “We’re planning an interesting and informative evening that will benefit two leading charities. ShelterBox is particularly on our minds after the disaster in Japan.”
Visitors will be welcomed with complementary refreshments and a light-hearted quiz, on general gardening topics, will take place before the main event.
The ‘Question Time’ panel will be chaired by David Jackson, managing director of Jackson Plants - one of the South West’s leading suppliers.
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
Other panel members include Darren Knapman, a nurseryman and plants manager at Sidmouth Garden Centre for 18 years, and Biction College lecturers Ben Morrel and Janet Hindley.
Also involved will be Adam Powell, founder of Adam’s Apples fruit tree suppliers near Honiton. The panel will answer gardening questions asked on the night, or e-mailed in advance to email@example.com.
Those sent in advance will be entered in a prize draw.
A limited number of tickets (�10) are still available from Sidmouth Garden Centre, Coles in High Street, and Palmers, Whitton and Laing in Budleigh Salterton.