Sidmouth set for first ‘Zumbathon’ for rugby club
SIDMOUTH Rugby Football Club (SRFC) juniors will end their 40th anniversary year celebrations with the town’s first ‘Zumbathon’ next month.
Two-hundred-and-fifty youngsters, aged from six to 16, will show team spirit goes beyond the pitch by shaking, shimmying and whooping for 40 minutes to raise cash to help build a new pavilion near Sidford.
Everyone has been invited to join in the fun on Sunday, May 6, from 10am, on the club’s Blackmore pitch ahead of the Rugby Sevens tournament.
Alexa Baker, a SRFC Junior Committee member, said: “It would be fantastic if we could fill the pitch. Zumba puts a smile on your face, and to have the opportunity to do it in the open air with a large group will create an amazing atmosphere.”
Zumba is an exhilarating, easy-to-follow, Latin inspired, calorie burning dance fitness exercise.
You may also want to watch:
It is suitable for any age and fitness level as you can work at your own pace, for example stepping it out instead of hopping and jumping.
Those taking part in the event will do so under the guidance of Johanna Morgan, a fully qualified Zumba instructor. Johanna runs regular classes in Sidmouth, Seaton and Honiton. Anyone taking part is asked for a �2 donation.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 4 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
Refreshments will be available afterwards - and can be enjoyed guilt free.
The junior committee has also commissioned a ‘Wacky Sox’ design to commemorate their anniversary.
Everyone collecting �15 or more in sponsorship will receive a pair of the popular socks. The limited ‘Wacky Sox’ will also be on sale for �10 during the event.
For more information on the bank holiday event, contact Alexa on 07734572787 or visit www.sidmouthrfc.co.uk