Sidmouth set for Fortifeld and cliff erosion plan talks
Town council planners to debate controversial applications
TOWN council planning committee members will discuss proposals to replace the Fortfield Hotel with 31 apartments and a separate bid to slow Sidmouth cliff erosion at a meeting on Tuesday (May 24).
Councillors will meet at the Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall at 6.30pm. The venue was booked in anticipation of a bumper public turnout.
High profile planning applications from ZeroC and Cliff Road residents will be debated.
Any residents who wish to register their views need to submit them in writing to the town council. Members of the public will not be able to speak at the meeting, said town clerk Trina Jarrett.
You may also want to watch:
Planning authority East Devon District Council will consider the town’s view when it decides the fate of both sets of proposals.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start