Sidmouth set for Fortifeld and cliff erosion plan talks
Town council planners to debate controversial applications
TOWN council planning committee members will discuss proposals to replace the Fortfield Hotel with 31 apartments and a separate bid to slow Sidmouth cliff erosion at a meeting on Tuesday (May 24).
Councillors will meet at the Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall at 6.30pm. The venue was booked in anticipation of a bumper public turnout.
High profile planning applications from ZeroC and Cliff Road residents will be debated.
Any residents who wish to register their views need to submit them in writing to the town council. Members of the public will not be able to speak at the meeting, said town clerk Trina Jarrett.
You may also want to watch:
Planning authority East Devon District Council will consider the town’s view when it decides the fate of both sets of proposals.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again