Sidmouth set for Fortifeld and cliff erosion plan talks
Town council planners to debate controversial applications
TOWN council planning committee members will discuss proposals to replace the Fortfield Hotel with 31 apartments and a separate bid to slow Sidmouth cliff erosion at a meeting on Tuesday (May 24).
Councillors will meet at the Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall at 6.30pm. The venue was booked in anticipation of a bumper public turnout.
High profile planning applications from ZeroC and Cliff Road residents will be debated.
Any residents who wish to register their views need to submit them in writing to the town council. Members of the public will not be able to speak at the meeting, said town clerk Trina Jarrett.
You may also want to watch:
Planning authority East Devon District Council will consider the town’s view when it decides the fate of both sets of proposals.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon