Sidmouth set for fun day bonanza
Free day of festivities on June 25
FAMILIES are invited to enjoy Sidmouth’s annual Family Fun Day next Saturday, June 25.
Free festivities take place from 2pm to 5pm at Manstone playing fields near the town’s football club.
Popular bouncy castles, an assault course, a slide and face painting will all feature in the fun.
The nearby skate park will be used for an ‘extreme’ competition in which bikes, rollerblades and skateboards can be used to wow the judges for cash prizes. Participants can sign up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
A free barbecue, cakes and drinks will also be on offer. A chance to make crafts and visit ‘the balloon man’ will also be available on the day. Tug of war competitions will take place.
“This fun day is a gift to the community,” said youth and community worker and organiser Mark Perkins.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
The event is sponsored by Sidmouth’s Emmanuel Baptist Church. Volunteers staff the day, which is underwritten by the church.
Emmanuel Baptist Church leaders have issued a ‘thank you’ to Sidmouth Town Council and Sidmouth Town Football Club for their support.
“The entire town is invited to participate in, and enjoy, the day. We enjoy putting in all the hard work to make a fun event for the town,” added Mr Perkins.
“Lots of the church folk take the whole day, and more, to prepare, operate and dismantle and tidy up. It is a true team effort.”