Sidmouth set for fun day bonanza
Free day of festivities on June 25
FAMILIES are invited to enjoy Sidmouth’s annual Family Fun Day next Saturday, June 25.
Free festivities take place from 2pm to 5pm at Manstone playing fields near the town’s football club.
Popular bouncy castles, an assault course, a slide and face painting will all feature in the fun.
The nearby skate park will be used for an ‘extreme’ competition in which bikes, rollerblades and skateboards can be used to wow the judges for cash prizes. Participants can sign up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
A free barbecue, cakes and drinks will also be on offer. A chance to make crafts and visit ‘the balloon man’ will also be available on the day. Tug of war competitions will take place.
“This fun day is a gift to the community,” said youth and community worker and organiser Mark Perkins.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
The event is sponsored by Sidmouth’s Emmanuel Baptist Church. Volunteers staff the day, which is underwritten by the church.
Emmanuel Baptist Church leaders have issued a ‘thank you’ to Sidmouth Town Council and Sidmouth Town Football Club for their support.
“The entire town is invited to participate in, and enjoy, the day. We enjoy putting in all the hard work to make a fun event for the town,” added Mr Perkins.
“Lots of the church folk take the whole day, and more, to prepare, operate and dismantle and tidy up. It is a true team effort.”