Sidmouth set for 'sparkling' evening for cancer charity
A STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
A 'STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening' at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
Hopes are high that the event on July 11, organised by the town's Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Committee, can boost the �14,000 raised for the cause last year.
Entertainment on the night will be provided by the Blackmore Singers and guests will be treated to a bowl of strawberries and cream, supplied by Macmillan Cancer Support champion Somerfield, and a glass of sparkling wine.
Fundraiser Tricia Heard said: "Last year locally we as a committee were able to send �14,000 to Macmillan as our part towards continuing their wonderful work in helping those living with cancer in our area. Please do come and have a lovely evening whilst helping Macmillan."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (�8) are available from Coles Cards and News in the High Street or by phoning Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary