Sidmouth set for 'sparkling' evening for cancer charity
A STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
A 'STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening' at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
Hopes are high that the event on July 11, organised by the town's Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Committee, can boost the �14,000 raised for the cause last year.
Entertainment on the night will be provided by the Blackmore Singers and guests will be treated to a bowl of strawberries and cream, supplied by Macmillan Cancer Support champion Somerfield, and a glass of sparkling wine.
Fundraiser Tricia Heard said: "Last year locally we as a committee were able to send �14,000 to Macmillan as our part towards continuing their wonderful work in helping those living with cancer in our area. Please do come and have a lovely evening whilst helping Macmillan."
Tickets (�8) are available from Coles Cards and News in the High Street or by phoning Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 3 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 7 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 8 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 9 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth