Sidmouth set for 'sparkling' evening for cancer charity
A STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
A 'STRAWBERRIES and Sparkling Wine Evening' at Kennaway House next month will raise cash for a Sidmouth cancer charity.
Hopes are high that the event on July 11, organised by the town's Macmillan Cancer Support Fundraising Committee, can boost the �14,000 raised for the cause last year.
Entertainment on the night will be provided by the Blackmore Singers and guests will be treated to a bowl of strawberries and cream, supplied by Macmillan Cancer Support champion Somerfield, and a glass of sparkling wine.
Fundraiser Tricia Heard said: "Last year locally we as a committee were able to send �14,000 to Macmillan as our part towards continuing their wonderful work in helping those living with cancer in our area. Please do come and have a lovely evening whilst helping Macmillan."
You may also want to watch:
Tickets (�8) are available from Coles Cards and News in the High Street or by phoning Tricia on (01395) 519317.
- 1 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 2 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 5 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 6 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 9 Joseph's year of 100 half marathons to support refugees
- 10 Art society gear up for return of exhibition