Sidmouth set to feature on the big screen
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth will feature in an exciting new film set to be released later this year by a trio of scriptwriters who grew up in the town.
The Catch, due to be shown this summer, was shot over a year in London, Berkshire and Devon and heavily features Sidmouth in its scenes.
The film’s local roots are apparant as the three scriptwriters are all former Sidmouth College students.
Adam Jarrell, Oliver Downing and Joel Emery met at the college and decided to set part of their film in the town as they set about learning their trade.
Adam said: “We are very proud of the film, and feel it has a genuinely unique brand of comedy that will appeal to all kinds of viewer.
You may also want to watch:
“The award-winning director Ben Myers embraced the script on first reading and we haven’t looked back.”
The film features a range of up-and-coming actors and has been commissioned by MWS Media who became a co-production company on the project
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book
“It’s great for Sidmouth, which features so prominently,” added Adam. “It’s thankful to all its investors, both in the East Devon area and nationwide.”
Sidmouth will also host another project created by the team – but this time for the stage.
The show Good Cop Bad Cop will show at the Manor Pavilion in October, before being showcased at London’s Leicester Square Theatre the following month.
Follow the team’s progress via their Twitter feed: @primleyroad.