Sidmouth shop’s fashion show success
Macmillan presents cup for outstanding contribution to owner of Chapter, Sidmouth
THE owner of a Sidmouth fashion shop has been awarded a cup for her outstanding contribution to a cancer support charity.
Yvonne Price, who owns Chapter, Church Street, received the Macmillan Adlam Cup from Joyce Burnham, chairman of Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth, at her fifth fashion show for the charity, held at Sidmouth Golf Club last Thursday.
Eight models launched her autumn and winter fashions at the sell-out show, which raised �972 for Macmillan.
Joyce said: “Everyone attending commented what an enjoyable evening it was and also what a lovely way to raise money for charity, watching the models wearing such outfits by Sandwich, Fred Sabatier, Marie Mero, Passport and Epicea to name a few.”
You may also want to watch:
Everyone received a goodie bag from Yvonne at the end of the evening.
During the past five years Chapter has raised more than �4,000 for Macmillan through fashion shows. Flowers were presented to Yvonne and her assistant Lyn.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Joyce said: “Yvonne felt that the time is right now to make this the last fashion show she hosts for Macmillan, and decided to coincide making this the last show in our Centenary Year.
“On behalf of Macmillan, we thank her and her staff for all they have done in supporting Macmillan and the amount of money raised, we are extremely grateful.”