Sidmouth shop worker and dad set off on 100-mile charity cycle
- Credit: Archant
A cycling coffee shop assistant is once against pushing herself to fundraise for her employer’s charity of the year.
Becca Mawson rode from her home in Seaton to Fields of Sidmouth this morning (Thursday) and is set to call in at its sister stores in Axminster, Dorchester and Weymouth.
By the time she gets home she will have clocked up at least 100 miles, all in aid of Devon Young Carers and accompanied by her dad, Roger.
Becca said: “If we’re very lucky, we’ll get home before dark, after pedalling a good hundred miles and some!
“I hope to raise much-needed funds for Westbank Devon Young Carers.”
You may also want to watch:
Becca is no stranger to fundraising, and over the years she has done much walking for charity and visited European cities to complete night walks.
- 1 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 4 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 5 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 6 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead