Sidmouth shopkeeper foils till theft attempt
Trumps owner sensed customer was after money from till
SIDMOUTH shopkeeper Jackie Feeney foiled an attempt to rob her till in Trump’s last week.
Jackie, who with husband Mark have run the historic Fore Street grocers and coffee shop for six years, sensed something was wrong when a man asked for takeaway food.
“We don’t normally do that, but I made it and he asked for a receipt. I thought it was funny so I gave him his �3 back to get rid of him.
“I said if he didn’t go I would call the police. I think he was after me to open the till so he could take the money. He then grabbed money from the tip jar.
You may also want to watch:
“I grabbed his arm but couldn’t keep hold of him and then two lovely customers chased after him and he went to the swimming pool.”
Jackie, who described the man as 5’5” or 5’6” tall with bushy eyebrows, short brown hair and wearing baggy jeans and a dark jumper, has reported the incident to the police.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
The coffee shop customers who witnessed the incident, kindly replaced the tip money stolen.