Sidmouth singer Joan on Good Friday radio
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul s Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul's Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
In front of a 2,000-strong audience, the choir joined with the Cathedral Choir and BBC Concert Orchestra to perform pieces from Handel's Messiah for a Good Friday broadcast at 7.30pm called At the Foot of the Cross.
Also taking part were Timothy Travers-Brown, counter-tenor; Jon English, tenor; Martin Oxenham, bass and BBC Radio 2 Choristers of the Year 2008 Alice Halstead, soprano and Harry Bradford, treble.
Conductor was Andrew Carwood.
You may also want to watch:
The music was interspersed with poems and readings by actors. Presenter was Ken Bruce and prayers were led by Canon Martin Warner.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 8 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz