Sidmouth singer Joan on Good Friday radio
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul s Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul's Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
In front of a 2,000-strong audience, the choir joined with the Cathedral Choir and BBC Concert Orchestra to perform pieces from Handel's Messiah for a Good Friday broadcast at 7.30pm called At the Foot of the Cross.
Also taking part were Timothy Travers-Brown, counter-tenor; Jon English, tenor; Martin Oxenham, bass and BBC Radio 2 Choristers of the Year 2008 Alice Halstead, soprano and Harry Bradford, treble.
Conductor was Andrew Carwood.
You may also want to watch:
The music was interspersed with poems and readings by actors. Presenter was Ken Bruce and prayers were led by Canon Martin Warner.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start