Sidmouth singer Joan on Good Friday radio
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul s Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul's Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
In front of a 2,000-strong audience, the choir joined with the Cathedral Choir and BBC Concert Orchestra to perform pieces from Handel's Messiah for a Good Friday broadcast at 7.30pm called At the Foot of the Cross.
Also taking part were Timothy Travers-Brown, counter-tenor; Jon English, tenor; Martin Oxenham, bass and BBC Radio 2 Choristers of the Year 2008 Alice Halstead, soprano and Harry Bradford, treble.
Conductor was Andrew Carwood.
You may also want to watch:
The music was interspersed with poems and readings by actors. Presenter was Ken Bruce and prayers were led by Canon Martin Warner.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb