Sidmouth singer Joan on Good Friday radio
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul s Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
SIDMOUTH singer Joan Edgecumbe, from Winslade Road, has performed as part of a choir of individuals in St Paul's Cathedral for a BBC Radio 2 recording.
In front of a 2,000-strong audience, the choir joined with the Cathedral Choir and BBC Concert Orchestra to perform pieces from Handel's Messiah for a Good Friday broadcast at 7.30pm called At the Foot of the Cross.
Also taking part were Timothy Travers-Brown, counter-tenor; Jon English, tenor; Martin Oxenham, bass and BBC Radio 2 Choristers of the Year 2008 Alice Halstead, soprano and Harry Bradford, treble.
Conductor was Andrew Carwood.
You may also want to watch:
The music was interspersed with poems and readings by actors. Presenter was Ken Bruce and prayers were led by Canon Martin Warner.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables