Sidmouth singers join voices for charity concert
Caroline Fellowship concert at Sidmouth’s Sidholme to aid Hope Christian Trust
A SIDMOUTH couple have organised a charity concert in aid of Hope Christian Trust.
Mike and Joan Edgecumbe hrough their Caroline Fellowship (formed in memory of their daughter who died in 2004), are presenting another of their popular concerts in the Music Room at Sidholme Hotel, on Thursday, October 14 at 7:45 p.m.
The concert is in memory of the late Susan Barton, a retired head teacher who volunteered for the Hope Christian Trust and set up the Kindergarten Lighthouse School in Gaza.
Performers will be dressed in Victorian costume and there will be a number of well-known local singers taking part: Joan Edgecumbe (mezzo-soprano), Val Howels (soprano), John Brindley (baritone), Wally Cotgrave (tenor), Andrew Scott (bass) and Keith Wainwright (tenor).
They will be accompanied by Dorothy Worthington.
Tickets are �7 and available from Paragon Books, High Street, the Mustard Seed, All Saints Road, and Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields, Temple Street. There will be some tickets available on the door.
- 1 New store launches in Sidmouth's Fore Street
- 2 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 3 The sky's the limit as parachute jump raises £2,426 for Hospiscare
- 4 Stark warning on spending from Devon finance chief
- 5 Double good deed for Brownies as litter pick raises money for food bank
- 6 Woman seriously injured after motorway bridge fall
- 7 Ukrainian refugee supporter Mukie opens community cafe
- 8 Date set for Straitgate Quarry appeal hearing
- 9 New direction and new chair at Vision Group for Sidmouth
- 10 'Donkey work' boosts wildflower growth at sanctuary
At the time of the concert, part of Temple Street will be closed with access to Sidholme via Brewery Lane and Sidholme car park.