Sidmouth singers join voices for charity concert
Caroline Fellowship concert at Sidmouth’s Sidholme to aid Hope Christian Trust
A SIDMOUTH couple have organised a charity concert in aid of Hope Christian Trust.
Mike and Joan Edgecumbe hrough their Caroline Fellowship (formed in memory of their daughter who died in 2004), are presenting another of their popular concerts in the Music Room at Sidholme Hotel, on Thursday, October 14 at 7:45 p.m.
The concert is in memory of the late Susan Barton, a retired head teacher who volunteered for the Hope Christian Trust and set up the Kindergarten Lighthouse School in Gaza.
Performers will be dressed in Victorian costume and there will be a number of well-known local singers taking part: Joan Edgecumbe (mezzo-soprano), Val Howels (soprano), John Brindley (baritone), Wally Cotgrave (tenor), Andrew Scott (bass) and Keith Wainwright (tenor).
You may also want to watch:
They will be accompanied by Dorothy Worthington.
Tickets are �7 and available from Paragon Books, High Street, the Mustard Seed, All Saints Road, and Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields, Temple Street. There will be some tickets available on the door.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 3 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 4 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 5 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 8 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 9 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 10 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
At the time of the concert, part of Temple Street will be closed with access to Sidholme via Brewery Lane and Sidholme car park.