Sidmouth skydiver raises cash for special school
Sidmouth College leaver Rachael takes the plunge to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School
“AWESOME” is how former Sidmouth College student Rachael Hill described her recent skydive for charity.
“You can’t really compare it to anything, because it’s just such an out-of-the-ordinary feeling,” said Rachael, 18, who is Young Ambassador for Lions in the South West region.
“The view up there was amazing, you could see the whole of Devon and even South Wales!”
She did the dare-devil tandem skydive to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School, a special school for children aged three to 19, in Exeter, and hopes to raise �400.
After being featured in the Sidmouth Herald, Rachael received more than �100 through the post in local donations, and more from friends who didn’t know she was jumping.
“I am still collecting though,” said Rachael, who is off to Plymouth University in September to train to be a primary school teacher, specialising in music.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 3 The show must go on as theatre group takes to the stage
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Designated drivers offered free drinks this Christmas
- 6 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 7 Dates for Santa's sleigh tour of Sidmouth, Sidford and Newton Poppleford
- 8 Anniversary gives chance for a look back on three years in the valley
- 9 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 10 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
Anyone interested in boosting Rachael’s fundraising total can contact her on (01395)515148 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.