Sidmouth skydiver raises cash for special school
Sidmouth College leaver Rachael takes the plunge to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School
“AWESOME” is how former Sidmouth College student Rachael Hill described her recent skydive for charity.
“You can’t really compare it to anything, because it’s just such an out-of-the-ordinary feeling,” said Rachael, 18, who is Young Ambassador for Lions in the South West region.
“The view up there was amazing, you could see the whole of Devon and even South Wales!”
She did the dare-devil tandem skydive to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School, a special school for children aged three to 19, in Exeter, and hopes to raise �400.
You may also want to watch:
After being featured in the Sidmouth Herald, Rachael received more than �100 through the post in local donations, and more from friends who didn’t know she was jumping.
“I am still collecting though,” said Rachael, who is off to Plymouth University in September to train to be a primary school teacher, specialising in music.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Anyone interested in boosting Rachael’s fundraising total can contact her on (01395)515148 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.