Sidmouth skydiver raises cash for special school
Sidmouth College leaver Rachael takes the plunge to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School
“AWESOME” is how former Sidmouth College student Rachael Hill described her recent skydive for charity.
“You can’t really compare it to anything, because it’s just such an out-of-the-ordinary feeling,” said Rachael, 18, who is Young Ambassador for Lions in the South West region.
“The view up there was amazing, you could see the whole of Devon and even South Wales!”
She did the dare-devil tandem skydive to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School, a special school for children aged three to 19, in Exeter, and hopes to raise �400.
After being featured in the Sidmouth Herald, Rachael received more than �100 through the post in local donations, and more from friends who didn’t know she was jumping.
“I am still collecting though,” said Rachael, who is off to Plymouth University in September to train to be a primary school teacher, specialising in music.
- 1 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 2 Opening a new shop presents a risk, but rewards are there if you work hard
- 3 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 6 Preparations begin in earnest for Folk Festival
- 7 With your help, a range of new laws will help us all
- 8 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 9 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 10 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
Anyone interested in boosting Rachael’s fundraising total can contact her on (01395)515148 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.