Sidmouth skydiver raises cash for special school
Sidmouth College leaver Rachael takes the plunge to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School
“AWESOME” is how former Sidmouth College student Rachael Hill described her recent skydive for charity.
“You can’t really compare it to anything, because it’s just such an out-of-the-ordinary feeling,” said Rachael, 18, who is Young Ambassador for Lions in the South West region.
“The view up there was amazing, you could see the whole of Devon and even South Wales!”
She did the dare-devil tandem skydive to raise funds for Ellen Tinkham School, a special school for children aged three to 19, in Exeter, and hopes to raise �400.
You may also want to watch:
After being featured in the Sidmouth Herald, Rachael received more than �100 through the post in local donations, and more from friends who didn’t know she was jumping.
“I am still collecting though,” said Rachael, who is off to Plymouth University in September to train to be a primary school teacher, specialising in music.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
Anyone interested in boosting Rachael’s fundraising total can contact her on (01395)515148 or email her at email@example.com.