Sidmouth slimmer takes new role to help others achieve weight-loss goals
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman, who lost seven stone in just over a year, is taking on a new role to help people achieve their weight loss dreams.
Harriet Steptoe has become a team developer for Slimming World, four years after she walked through the door as a member.
She joined the Sidmouth group in 2015 and over a year dropped from just over 16 stone to nine stone, one-and-a-half pounds.
Inspired by her weight-loss she became a consultant in April 2016 and is now one of the weight-loss group's team developers, recently completing her training in Derbyshire.
As team developer she will be recruiting consultants to launch new groups in East Devon and the surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Steptoe said: "As someone who has lost weight myself I know the challenges people can face, which is why, along with the group, I will be there to support every one of my consultants all the way to help their members to achieve their chosen target weight.
"Setting targets, sharing recipes and other ideas, and working together as a group to overcome challenges and celebrate success is so important to a successful journey. That's why, at Slimming World there is tons of support, encouragement and fun."
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
To join Slimming World or find out about consultant opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07828 299391.