Sidmouth slimmer takes new role to help others achieve weight-loss goals
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth woman, who lost seven stone in just over a year, is taking on a new role to help people achieve their weight loss dreams.
Harriet Steptoe has become a team developer for Slimming World, four years after she walked through the door as a member.
She joined the Sidmouth group in 2015 and over a year dropped from just over 16 stone to nine stone, one-and-a-half pounds.
Inspired by her weight-loss she became a consultant in April 2016 and is now one of the weight-loss group's team developers, recently completing her training in Derbyshire.
As team developer she will be recruiting consultants to launch new groups in East Devon and the surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Steptoe said: "As someone who has lost weight myself I know the challenges people can face, which is why, along with the group, I will be there to support every one of my consultants all the way to help their members to achieve their chosen target weight.
"Setting targets, sharing recipes and other ideas, and working together as a group to overcome challenges and celebrate success is so important to a successful journey. That's why, at Slimming World there is tons of support, encouragement and fun."
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
To join Slimming World or find out about consultant opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07828 299391.