Sidmouth slimmer Marie-Anne throws away stick after weight loss
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth slimmer is ready to start aging ‘disgracefully’ and living pain-free after losing four stone in nine months.
Marie-Anne Watson says she is no longer feeling ‘down in the dumps’ after dropping to 12 stone 9lbs and her new lease of life has led the 75-year-old to start planning a parachute jump.
The great-grandmother has also thrown away her walking stick since joining Sidmouth Slimming World in September, going out on more walks without suffering back pain or the need to stop after a matter of yards.
She said: “Weight loss has definitely given me a new lease of life. My family are very proud of me losing all that weight. They also admire my strength and determination.”
The retired administrator said that not being a cook meant she would buy meals she could put in the oven or ready-made sauces she could marinate meat in.
You may also want to watch:
Marie-Anne said: “Well, I’m not really much of a cook now, as I don’t really enjoy cooking. However, I do enjoy following the Slimming World recipes as they are very easy and always taste delicious.”
Slimming World group consultant Jon Borowik has watched her progress from day one and called the 75-year-old ‘inspirational’.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
Jon said: “Seeing the change in Marie-Anne has been hugely inspirational for everyone at group, she’s so full of life and laughter, sharing simple tasty recipe ideas but mainly to see her walk in with a huge smile, no stick and not even a grimace of pain is truly remarkable.
“Her commitment to her own health each and every week has seen not only amazing results on the scales but also with all aspects of her life - it is fantastic.”