Sidmouth slimmers named on ‘men of year’ list
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Sidmouth men are recognised by their Slimming World group in its men of the year list.
A pair of Sidmouth super-slimmers - who have shed more than six stone between them - are celebrating after being named on a weight-loss organisation’s ‘man of the year’ list.
Sam Barrett, of Arcot Park, and Glenn Channing, of Tyrell Mead, have landed the achievement from their local Slimming World group.
Since signing up nearly six months ago, Sam has lost almost four stone, which has given him the confidence to start his own gardening business.
The 30-year-old was referred to Slimming World by his doctor and says he has more energy and does not suffer from breathlessness anymore.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It has changed my life totally - even just walking past a shop window and seeing this new slimmer me and enjoying seeing myself, and not the old big me.”
Sam joins fellow Sidmouth resident Glenn on the list of the Sidmouth group’s six men of the year.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Glenn, a Withycombe RFC coach, said losing more than two stone has made training easier.
He added: “Personally, Slimming World has opened up my eyes to a wider variety of eating - it’s helped me to have a healthy and balanced diet which is also very enjoyable. The support that is available is second-to-none along with the sharing of experiences with other members is a key factor in my success.”
Group consultant Jon Borowik has said he has noticed a rise in male members coming to Slimming World sessions.
He added: “It’s been amazing to see so many more men turn up to the group, whether it be with their partners or wives, with friends or by themselves.
“Our male members bring a huge amount of focus, variety and support to our members.”
To find out more information about the Sidmouth groups, contact Jon on 07912 665129.