Sidmouth slimmers unwanted clothes raise £2,200 for cancer research
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth slimmers have cleared out their wardrobes in an annual spring clean to raise £2,200 for Cancer Research UK.
Slimming World members have donated 88 bags of clothing, shoes and accessories, as part of this year’s clothes throw after losing 284 stone since January.
Each bag is worth £25 and has been donated to the Cancer Research UK shop in Sidmouth as part of the national fundraising drive.
Harriet Steptoe who runs the Sidmouth groups, said: “I see more than just a physical transformation. Above all, I see their confidence bloom. Many go from nervous and shy new members who are very uncomfortable with the way they look, to confident, healthy and happy individuals with a new lease of life and a twinkle in their eye.
“I am so delighted about how many bags we managed to collect, I knew my members were amazing but I didn’t expect such an incredible level of effort.
You may also want to watch:
“Collecting the bags to take up to the local Cancer Research UK shop was a real workout in itself but all so worth it. To raise such a phenomenal amount for a charity that does so much to beat cancer feels amazing.”
To find out more or to join call Harriet on 07828 299391.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert