Slimming World announces Young Slimmer of the Year winners
- Credit: Archant
A trio of young slimmers, who have lost more than 10 stone between them, have each been crowned for their weight-loss efforts.
Slimming World members Kiera Bray, Ellen Anning-Beckett and Nikita Armes won young slimmer of the year 2019 at their respective groups after being voted for by fellow members.
Nikita, who attends consultant Lisa Craig’s group, has lost more than three-and-a-half stone since joining Slimming World.
Lisa said: “I think she is a great role model for the younger people of the town who are aware of their weight issues.”
Kiera, 21, and Ellen Anning-Beckett, 20, have lost a combined eight stone between them since joining Harriet Steptoe’s groups on Thursday evenings.
You may also want to watch:
Kiera said: “I don’t think I could have achieved everything I have without them. Life’s completely different for me now and I’m so grateful to Slimming World for that – and proud of myself too.”
Group consultant Harriet called the pair a ‘huge inspiration’.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
She added: “There have been so many stories in the news about child obesity recently and we know that young people desperately need help and support to make changes.”