Sidmouth Slimming World consultant Harriet reaches final
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth Slimming World consultant, who lost seven stone, has been recognised in a national competition for her work improving fellow slimmer’s wellbeing.
A Sidmouth Slimming World consultant, who lost seven stone, has been recognised in a national competition for her work helping other people shed the pounds.
Harriet Steptoe made the final shortlist of eight in the firm’s nation-wide consultant slimmer of the year. She was chosen from 4,500 group leaders from across the UK and Ireland.
The mum-of-two went forward to the last round from a group of 32 semi-finalists after sharing her weight loss story with judges.
Harriet recalled how her confidence had reached zero following the birth of her daughter Elsie in April 2015 as she weighed 16-and-a-half stone.
You may also want to watch:
She lost more than four stone after joining Slimming World and was named ‘biggest loser’ for shedding the most weight in her group.
The 36-year-old self confessed ‘daddy’s girl’ said losing the weight and gaining more confidence led to her father’s comments that he had ‘got his daughter back’ and becoming a member of Slimming World himself.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Although she did not win, she said the experience made her want to help more people on their weight loss journey.
Harriet, of Blackthorn Close, said: “It was quite emotional telling the story. I was in such a dark place when I was overweight.
“Even just making the final 32 was amazing. I was overwhelmed and I couldn’t believe that people loved my story, it makes you want to help more people.”
She was inspired to become a consultant and began leading weekly Saturday sessions last April.
Harriet said: “My group have just been so lovely - they were so excited for me to go to head office from the competition. They said, ‘you’re such an inspiration to us’ and, ‘you encourage us to lose the weight’. They said, ‘if you do not win, you’re still our winner’ It was really lovely.
“This is a shout out to anybody who is struggling. It’s not a diet it’s a lifestyle change, it’s a change for life and that’s how it’s been in my life.”
To find out more information about Slimming World and the local groups contact Harriet on 07828299391.