Sidmouth weight loss consultant is one of the best in the country
- Credit: Archant
A local weight loss consultant’s help with hundreds in the area has made her one of the best in the country.
A consultant for Slimming World in Sidmouth has recently attended an exclusive national event where her achievements in helping the local community were recognised.
Harriet Steptoe was one of just 100 nationwide consultants invited to attend Slimming World’s Gold and Pearl Day in Derbyshire, placing her in the top 2 percent in the country.
On the day, Harriet received a Pearl award and was invited to share her experiences in the hope of inspiring other attendees.
Harriet said: “To receive an invite to such a prestigious event felt very special, it’s so lovely to be recognised among the highest-achieving consultants across the country and to know that my work in Sidmouth is making a real difference.”
You may also want to watch:
She has been a consultant for two half of years and has supported hundreds of Sidmouth residents to lose weight and gain confidence.
Harriet said: “Helping people from Sidmouth to achieve their dreams makes this the best job in the world and to be recognised nationally for doing something I absolutely love feels fantastic.”
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
As well as helping others, Harriet has been successful in her own weight loss, losing seven stone during her two and a half years as a consultant.
She added: “All Slimming World consultants receive in-depth training from the Slimming World Academy to help give their members the support they need to make long-term changes to improve their health and wellbeing.
Harriet is looking forward to using her new ideas in future sessions with her Sidmouth groups.
She said: “I headed home at the end of the day brimming with ideas for helping my members, and I can’t wait to use what I’ve learnt to take the support I give in group to the next level.
“I know what it’s like to struggle with your weight and I also know that with the right kind of support you can really make long-term healthy changes to lose weight and keep it off for good”.
If you are interested in joining one of Harriet’s groups they are held every Thursday at 5 and 7pm at Stowford Community Centre and every Saturday at 9.30am at Sidmouth C of E Primary.
You can also contact Harriet on 07828 299391.