Sidmouth Slimming World consultants meet Peter Andre at awards bash
- Credit: Archant
Weight-loss consultants from Sidmouth spent the evening with Peter Andre as part of a glamorous ceremony.
The Mysterious Girl singer was the co-host at this year’s Slimming World Awards in Birmingham.
The Sidmouth team of David Marks, Jon Borowik, Harriet Steptoe, Alex Jones, Leigh Davey, Lisa Boucher and Ali Burford all had chance to meet Peter.
David said: “Cuddling up to Peter was a real treat. He was bowled over by the difference Slimming World makes to people’s lives and it reminded us what important and privileged roles we have as consultants.
“Now we’re heading into 2018 super-motivated to support even more people in Sidmouth to be inspired to lose weight and lead healthier and happier lives.”
You may also want to watch:
David said the consultants could not be prouder of their members, who had lost a ‘fantastic’ amount of weight in 2017.
Television star Peter said there was ‘no doubt’ that those who attended and ran local weight-loss groups were ‘very special’.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
He added: “I met so many incredible people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out.
“Every one of them spoke passionately about how they couldn’t have made the changes they had to eat more healthily and become more active without the support, advice and encouragement of their consultant and group every week. So there’s absolutely no doubt in my mind that Slimming World and people who run the groups are very special.”
At the awards, it was announced the organisation’s world clothes throw had raised a record breaking £3.3million in a fortnight for Cancer Research UK.
Sidmouth slimmers donated 208 bags-worth of clothes to the cause and raised £5,200 for the cancer charity.
Jon said: “Lots of people will be making resolutions to lose weight and improve their health this New Year. I truly believe that joining a Slimming World group is the best way for people to lose weight, learn new habits and improve their lifestyle.”