Sidmouth Slimming World duo meet TV presenter Stephen Mulhern
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Sidmouth Slimming World members had a magical start to the new year after being praised by television star Stephen Mulhern.
Jon Borowik and Harriet Steptoe met the magician and Catchphrase and Britain’s Got More Talent presenter when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards in Birmingham.
Stephen said the work of consultants like Jon and Harriet was ‘clearly important’ in improving members’ lives.
Stephen said: “The stories I heard from people who had lost amazing amounts of weight and transformed themselves – inside and out – were so inspirational.”
Following a photo with the star, Jon said he could not be prouder after members of Sidmouth’s six groups lost a collective total of 754 stone last year.
You may also want to watch:
Jon added: “It’s so rewarding to see people being able to do things that they didn’t think possible before losing weight - whether that’s having more energy and confidence, wearing smaller clothes, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or doing more with their family and friends.”
Harriet said it had been a big year for Slimming World and she hoped 2017 would be just as successful.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!