Sidmouth slimmers charity walk raises £100
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth slimmers have gone the extra mile, or three, to help raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Members of the town’s Slimming World groups have donated £100 to the charity after walking 3.6 miles.
Harriet Steptoe, weight loss consultant, said: “We had lovely weather conditions for our walk and in true Sidmouth Slimming World style our members, their friends and families were out in force to support each other.
“They showed just what can be done when we come together, both in terms of achieving something amazing and raising money for a great cause too.
“I’m sure my members will inspire more people to get active and improve their health, while also helping raising awareness of the links between obesity and cancer.
You may also want to watch:
“The money raised will go towards an amazing cause, one my members feel passionate about, helping to support Cancer Research UK’s life saving research.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other