Sidmouth Slimming World members walk 10million steps for Cancer Research
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth slimmers walked 10 million steps in August to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Members attending the town’s Slimming World groups joined forces as part of the charity’s Walk All Over Cancer campaign.
They encouraged friends and family to sponsor them to increase their step count across the month, resulting
in the group netting £220 for the cause.
As well as fundraising, the group aimed to raise awareness of how keeping healthy can reduce the risk of developing 13 types of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
To mark the achievement, members took part in a four-kilometre celebration walk through The Byes, led by consultants Jon Borowik and Harriet Steptoe.
Harriet said: “I’m so proud of all of my members, who set themselves the challenge of walking more this August and absolutely smashed it.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
“At Slimming World, we
help our members find enjoyable ways of getting more active and encourage them to increase their activity levels step-by-step, until it becomes part of their daily routine.”