Sidmouth social worker wins top prize for striving to break down barriers
- Credit: Archant
A social work manager from Devon – praised for striving to break down the barriers between health and social care – has won a top prize at the prestigious Social Worker of the Year Awards.
Nicky Skinner, who works in Sidmouth, Seaton and Axminster for Devon County Council, was named team leader of the year in adult services.
She was commended by the judges for her outstanding dedication, skill and person-centred focus when handling complex cases.
She was also praised by colleagues for her calmness under pressure, wisdom and ability to empower and support staff.
Nicky said: “It feels great to win this award. Just to be nominated was enough for me but to actually win makes me so proud. I’m just thrilled that my team nominated me.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve been a social worker for almost 30 years and it’s just one of the best jobs in the world, I’ve loved every minute
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity