Seascape artist shows her skills at Sidmouth exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A land and seascape artist showed off her skills with a spectator demonstration at the latest Sidmouth Society of Artists meeting.
Susan Gray presented a landscape of Dartmoor which she had sketched after stopping off near Bovey Tracy on her way to the town.
Member Ann England said Susan never uses photos, but always sketches her subjects, as this will take her back to the spot.
She added: “She uses an acrylic box with four layers of kitchen roll and one of grease-proof paper and fills this with a limited palate of acrylic paints which last her for nine months.
“Susan began with a charcoal sketch, which she then wiped off leaving a ghostly image for her to follow with her paints.
You may also want to watch:
“This was a new painting for her which she developed as she demonstrated explaining her rational for all she did.
“The end result, as you can see, made us all wish we had the skill to produce this level of work in under two hours.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time