Sidmouth society raises hundreds from charities
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth art society has helped to raise hundreds of pounds for two worth-while causes.
A total of around £350 will be split between Kennaway House and FORCE Cancer Charity.
Sidmouth Society of Artists held a charity coffee morning at The Victoria Hotel on Tuesday.
The money raised from the day will be added to the total made from an outdoor exhibition held last month.
Member Ann England said they enjoyed an informative talk from David Cantle of FORCE.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Many of us knew very little about it. It cares for citizens from diagnoses through the course of treatment and has been running 30 years.
“During this time it has developed an art group and helps to address and care for the families and children of cancer sufferers.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“Some of the money will also go to Kennaway House which is mostly run by volunteers and although is a very lovely building is also very costly to maintain.
“We would like to thank The Victoria Hotel - as usual they gave us a lovely coffee morning.”