Sidmouth solar panel day attracts ‘enthusiasm’
ORGANISERS of a Sidmouth ‘Solar Panel Day’ say there has been an enthusiastic response to the event.
And Sid Valley Energy Action Group (SVEAG) members have reminded residents that it’s not too late to book an appointment for tomorrow (Saturday, October 8) – or even to arrange one for another date.
The event offers residents the chance to visit homes in the area where SVEAG members have already installed solar panels to save money and cut their carbon footprints.
SVEAG chairman Derek Chant said a ‘less attractive’ tariff change in April next year has seen installers become very busy now.
He and fellow organisers hope tomorrow’s open day will answer questions and give residents advice on which installer to go with, whether they are properly accredited, which panels will suit them best and what the warranties on them are.
You may also want to watch:
Duncan Hasell, an existing solar panel user said: “It is truly an investment that’s as safe as houses.”
Anyone wishing to register to visit an ‘open house’ tomorrow –or on another date by mutual arrangement- can call Jackie Green on (01395) 578089 or Derek Chant on (01395) 516655.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman