Sidmouth solar panel open day
Sidmouth energy action group to host open day on benefits of home solar panels
AN open day for those interested in learning more about installing home solar panels will be held next month by Sid Valley Energy Action Group.
SVEAG will arrange meetings between interested parties and homeowners who already have solar panels installed, on Saturday, October 8.
An investment of �5,000 to �15,000 to install solar panels at home can yield a tax-free return of over 10 percent annually for up to 25 years.
SVEAG, part of the Vision Group for Sidmouth, hopes the open day will answer questions and encourage more people to consider solar panel installation.
You may also want to watch:
Member Duncan Hasell said: “The Sidmouth area has some of the highest irradiation levels in the country, making solar panels an even more attractive investment. The system still generates electricity even in dull, overcast conditions, it doesn’t need to be sunny all the time.”
To register for the open day, or for an alternative date by agreement, call chairman Derek Chant, (01395) 516655, or Graham Cooper (01395) 514048.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman