Sidmouth sprouts moustaches for prostate cancer charity
Hotel staff in Sidmouth grow moustaches in Movember charity event
BOSSES and staff at Sidmouth hotels run by the Seward family are growing moustaches.
They are taking part in Movember, a charity event running throughout the month, to raise money for The Prostate Cancer Charity.
“It is very popular within the rugby community and is something quirky and different to do for fundraising,” said Tom, duty manager for Dukes, Hotel Elizabeth and the Kingswood and Devoran Hotel.
There is friendly rivalry between Tom, 22, and his father Mark, who is also trying to raise awareness of the charity by growing a moustache.
You may also want to watch:
Tom is pictured with dad Mark and other members of staff, including female staff wearing fake moustaches. So far the team has raised more than �100 and hopes to double this by the end of November.
“All the staff are also donating a small amount of their tips from November for this, so it is truly a great team effort,” said Tom.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 7 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy
Pictured are: left to right; Tom Whelan, Jeramy Parker, Anthony Vela, Helen Johnson, Tom Seward, Jo Owen, Conor Lavery and Mark Seward.
There is still time for people to donate at their mospace on http://uk.movember.com/ and search Dukes - Sidmouth, or donate direct at Dukes.
Last year the event raised �65 million worldwide for the charity.