Sidmouth staff get FAFTA award
Fields of Sidmouth presents staff with FAFTA awards
ACTORS may be smiling over receiving a BAFTA award, but staff at Sidmouth’s department store are celebrating receiving their own FAFTA awards.
At a special breakfast gathering of staff, managing director, Trevor Roberts, presented the team of the year award to the cosmetics staff, led by supervisor Clare Ennals.
Each of the store’s departments, including the coffee shop, fashion, menswear, cosmetics, warehouse and ancillary items were carefully monitored and, said Mr Roberts: “It was a very difficult choice. Two teams in particular were debated over for a long time.”
The team pipped to the post by cosmetics’ staff was from its Monday’s Child store, also at Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
“The team we felt worked particularly hard, against a lot of problems, shone through, the cosmetics team,” he said.
Fields was a runner-up in last autumn’s Drapers Award, being beaten by Harrods.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Classic car show returns to town after year-long break
The store has received other plaudits during the past year, including an award for its Christmas decorated windows given jointly by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and the Sidmouth Herald, and a silver Taste of the West award for its coffee shop.
Mr Roberts said the store’s reward card scheme, launched 18 months ago, now had 15,000 members.
He praised staff for their hard work and customer service, saying he had received dozens of compliments from customers “to say what a wonderful staff we have”.
Fields has a number of projects in the pipeline for 2012, to mark the Queen’s diamond jubilee and the Olympics.