Sidmouth staff get FAFTA award
Fields of Sidmouth presents staff with FAFTA awards
ACTORS may be smiling over receiving a BAFTA award, but staff at Sidmouth’s department store are celebrating receiving their own FAFTA awards.
At a special breakfast gathering of staff, managing director, Trevor Roberts, presented the team of the year award to the cosmetics staff, led by supervisor Clare Ennals.
Each of the store’s departments, including the coffee shop, fashion, menswear, cosmetics, warehouse and ancillary items were carefully monitored and, said Mr Roberts: “It was a very difficult choice. Two teams in particular were debated over for a long time.”
The team pipped to the post by cosmetics’ staff was from its Monday’s Child store, also at Market Place.
“The team we felt worked particularly hard, against a lot of problems, shone through, the cosmetics team,” he said.
Fields was a runner-up in last autumn’s Drapers Award, being beaten by Harrods.
- 1 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 2 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 3 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 4 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 5 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 6 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth in Bloom hope to sow the seeds for national glory
- 8 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 9 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 10 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
The store has received other plaudits during the past year, including an award for its Christmas decorated windows given jointly by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce and the Sidmouth Herald, and a silver Taste of the West award for its coffee shop.
Mr Roberts said the store’s reward card scheme, launched 18 months ago, now had 15,000 members.
He praised staff for their hard work and customer service, saying he had received dozens of compliments from customers “to say what a wonderful staff we have”.
Fields has a number of projects in the pipeline for 2012, to mark the Queen’s diamond jubilee and the Olympics.