Sidmouth Steppers on the lookout for new recruits
Sidmouth Steppers were already discussing ideas for next season at their annual general meeting earlier this month.
AFTER a stormy summer, Sidmouth Steppers were already discussing ideas for next season at their annual general meeting earlier this month.
The Steppers were lucky to fulfill their various engagements despite the poor weather including the Devon County Show, four Folk Festivals and the side's tenth year anniversary weekend.
Unfortunately downpours halted the traditional Thursday evening with Great Western in the Market Square before the Folk Festival.
With dance out season over, practice begins in earnest and the Steppers have urged any ladies to consider being part of their group by inviting beginners to free taster sessions in October. The side will meet at the Guide Hall, Lawn Vista, from 7.15pm to 9.15pm every Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Musicians interested in playing British country dance music are also welcome.
For further information contact Liz Clode 01395 513389 or Ruth Lewis 01404 44498.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future