Sidmouth store backs town’s lifeboat as its 2012 charity
Staff at Fields of Sidmouth choose Sidmouth Lifeboat as its charity of the year
STAFF at Fields of Sidmouth have chosen to support Sidmouth Lifeboat as their Charity of the Year, 2012.
They chose the charity from three nominations at a recent company meeting.
Fields has, for many years, supported local charities, including FORCE, Devon Air Ambulance, Ellie’s Haven and last year Children’s Hospice South West.
In the last four years, staff and customers at the family owned department store and its Monday’s Child children’s shop, have raised more than �6,300 for their chosen charities, as well as the Royal British Legion’s Poppy Appeal, Pink Breast Cancer day, Children in Need and Comic Relief.
You may also want to watch:
Claire Jenkins, Fields’ promotions and marketing manager, said: “It is lovely that the staff have chosen Sidmouth Lifeboat this year.
“We hope that it will be another great fund raising year, despite the continuing difficult financial climate.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
“It is important we support the smaller charities in our community and the lifeboat needs as much support and awareness that it can get to continue providing this life-saving service.”
A programme of fund raising events is still to be finalised, but is likely to include raffles, cake bakes, quiz evenings, guess the weight of the cake competition and seconds sales.